Monday, January 26, 2015

Wilfried Zaha says he enjoys playing football again at Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has said that he is now enjoying football again, after a frustrating two years.

The 22-year-old joined Manchester United in 2013 under Alex Ferguson, but he arrived at the club along with Ferguson's successor, David Moyes, who rarely used him.

After falling out of favour under new United boss Louis van Gaal, Zaha left to go back to Palace on a season-long loan last summer.

He told reporters: "Obviously there was a period where I thought 'What's going on here?'As a footballer it is important not to think that way and remain professional. I knew that if I got the chance I needed to take it and not dwell on the past and I am not one to dwell on the past and it was up to me to take it.

"I have a smile on my face because I am back on the pitch. I enjoy playing football, so when I am on the pitch I am happy. It is about having trust in me. This gaffer has put trust in me and I am trying to give it back and performing for the team."

Zaha has made 18 appearances for the club this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment