Thursday, May 21, 2015

Liverpool's Alberto Moreno admits he loves the Europa League

Liverpool full-back Alberto Moreno has insisted that players should want to compete in the Europa League rather than avoid it.

There is somewhat of a stigma attached to the second-tiered European competition as many clubs feel that the hectic schedule and travel demands affect the domestic side of their seasons.

Liverpool are expected to qualify for the group stages of the tournament as they are currently fifth in the Premier League table with one game left to play, and Moreno insists that he will play in the competition with pride.

Moreno won the trophy with former club Sevilla last season when they sealed a 4-2 victory on penalties over Benfica in Turin.

"I'm a big fan of the Europa League," Moreno told the Liverpool Echo. "You know I can go home and look at my medal in my trophy cabinet at home which I've already won, I love it.

"For any player and any fan, winning any trophy, not least at a European level, is absolutely something positive. We always want to win trophies, let's face it, and I enjoyed it when we won."

Liverpool's final game of the season is away to Stoke City on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment