Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Petr Cech named Czech Republic's footballer of the year

Petr Cech has been named the Czech Republic's footballer of the year for the seventh time.

The Chelsea goalkeeper has won the award, which is decided by the Czech Football Association, for the sixth year in a row.

The 31-year-old told Chelsea's website: "It never gets boring regardless that it is for the first or seventh time. It is always appreciation of my work and further motivation especially as it comes from the people who follow football very closely.

"Apart from a few exceptions I have kept my performances at the same high level. There were matches when I made mistakes, but not many. I am going to try hard to win it again next season."

Cech is expected to earn his 106th cap for his country when they play Norway in a friendly tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment