Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Diego Costa plays down Chelsea talk

Spanish forward Diego Costa has hinted that he will remain with Atletico Madrid next season.

The 25-year-old, who has scored 35 times this season, has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea when the transfer window opens.

During last week's Champions League semi-final first leg against the Blues, some Chelsea supporters were heard chanting "see you next year" to the Brazilian-born forward.

However, Costa has insisted that he is "very happy" at the Vicente Calderon.

"I didn't understand anything. I heard my name and asked what they said. I wasn't paying much attention. But I'm very happy here," Inside Spanish Football quotes Costa as saying at a promotional event for the club's pre-season tour of North America.

Atletico travel to Chelsea for the second leg of their semi-final this evening, with the score goalless from the clash in Madrid last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment