Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Marc-Andre ter Stegen: 'I'm going to miss Borussia Monchengladbach'

Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen bid an emotional farewell to the club after the 3-1 win over Mainz 05 as he prepares to leave this summer.

Although there has been no official announcement, it is understood that the 22-year-old has agreed a deal to join Spanish giants Barcelona.

After playing his final home game for the club, Ter Stegen thanked the club and the fans, but refused to reveal what club he would be joining out of respect to Gladbach.

"I'm going to miss the stadium, the fans, the club, many people who are in the club, and of course my friends," Ter Stegen told reporters. "It was a very emotional game for me and I was delighted with the fans' support."

"I don't want to steal the limelight, I could say where I'm going whenever I want, but I always said I wanted to focus on the situation with Borussia.

"It was important to me that Borussia will be playing in Europe next week, and now we've done that."

Gladbach occupy sixth place in the Bundesliga table.

No comments:

Post a Comment