Thursday, July 31, 2014

Willy Caballero after the No1 shirt at Manchester City

Willy Caballero hasn’t come to Manchester City simply to pick up a paycheck – he wants Joe Hart’s shirt.

The Argentine keeper jumped at the chance to join the Premier League champions and link up once again with Manuel Pellegrini following their time together in Malaga.

At the age of 32, it was an important move for Caballero and even though he knows dislodging England Hart will be an enormous battle, it is one this supremely confident £6million signing is up for.

Memories of Pellegrini dropping Hart last season after a serious slump in form has made Caballero believe he will get more than his fair share of chances.

“I had no concerns coming to City. I know the situation but I want to try and fight for this position. I’ve come to play,” he said.

“Joe is a fantastic goalkeeper, but I want to try and take my opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment