Thursday, September 04, 2014

Alberto Moreno: 'I had to prove myself to Liverpool supporters'

Liverpool defender Alberto Moreno has admitted that he was eager prove himself to supporters in last weekend's Premier League encounter against Tottenham Hotspur.

The 22-year-old, who joined the Reds this summer from Sevilla, scored a fine solo goal against Spurs at White Hart Lane to cap off a 3-0 victory for his side.

Moreno was at fault for Stevan Jovetic's strike in Manchester City's 3-1 triumph less than a week prior, but the Spanish internatioal is hopeful that he will have many good memories during his time at Anfield.

"After making my debut and losing against City I had a point to make," talkSPORT quotes him as saying. "When I stole the ball from [Andros] Townsend and saw a way through, all I could think about was getting to their goal and scoring. I didn't care how many metres I had to run.

"I hope it isn't my only one as I hope to dedicate many more to Liverpool's fans. If they didn't know me before, they will from now on thanks to my goal against Tottenham."

Liverpool are currently fifth in the Premier League table after three games.

No comments:

Post a Comment