Monday, September 29, 2014

Arsene Wenger praises "remarkable" Calum Chambers

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that Calum Chambers has been "remarkable" since his move to the club.

The 19-year-old joined the Gunners from Southampton in July and has appeared in all six of their Premier League matches this season.

"He has been remarkable in every position," Wenger told the club's official website. "He has an unbelievable engine. He goes and goes. It's not often that you see that quality.

"His yellow card was very harsh and the one against Aston Villa was very harsh as well. I've told him to be keen and committed and I think he had a good game overall.

"I'd consider playing him in midfield but I don't know about Wednesday [against Galatasaray] because I only have four defenders at the moment."

Chambers won his first cap for England during the country's 1-0 win against Norway earlier this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment