Saturday, September 27, 2014

Benjamin Stambouli: 'I know Arsenal are the enemy'

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Benjamin Stambouli has insisted that he is aware of the intense rivalry between his side and Arsenal ahead of their Premier League clash later today.

The Frenchman joined Spurs on deadline day from Montpellier, and has admitted that his friendship with compatriot Olivier Giroud has been ended because the striker plays for the Gunners.

"I am learning a lot about north London. It is a very important game against Arsenal," he told reporters.

"I know now that they are the enemy. I used to be friends with Olivier Giroud, but now he is no longer my friend - it is finished.

"A lot of people spoke about Arsenal back home because of all the French players who used to play for them but, now I belong to Tottenham, all I want to do is beat them."

Tottenham are ninth in the Premier League ahead of the North London derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment