Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jermain Defoe: 'Harry Redknapp wanted me at Queens Park Rangers'

Jermain Defoe has revealed that Harry Redknapp previously expressed an interest in bringing him to Queens Park Rangers in the January transfer window.

The England international has been repeatedly linked with a return to the Premier League since joining MLS side Toronto earlier this year, but he is unsure whether a move will materialise.

Defoe told The Guardian: "I remember speaking to Harry months ago and he said: 'Yeah, in the off-season you're going to come train and play for us and score goals.'

"But I was at home seeing other things – like 'Jermain Defoe might be going to Newcastle'. I'm thinking: 'What? That's news to me.'

"It was mad. If a new club wants you they speak to your agent or the club you're at. As a player you're often in the dark."

Toronto recently refused to rule out the possibility of allowing Defoe to leave in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment