Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Romelu Lukaku feeling "blessed" to play with Samuel Eto'o

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku has said that he feels "blessed" to play alongside boyhood hero Samuel Eto'o.

Both were on target in Sunday's 3-1 win away to Burnley, with Eto'o netting his second of the afternoon in fine fashion to complete the scoring.

At 21, Lukaku is 12 years younger than Eto'o and the Belgian believes that he can learn a lot from the three-time Champions League winner.

"I wasn't surprised to see Samuel score one like [his second]. When he took the touch I was thinking 'goal'," he told Everton's official website.

"He has scored so many throughout his career and it's a pleasure to be working with him. He wants to help me become one of the best.

"I feel very lucky to be able to work with someone I grew up watching. I have been blessed to work with some great strikers and now I am working with another one. Hopefully I can become one of the best."

The duo have struck three Premier League goals apiece so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment