Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Alex Song kneels to "King" Henry

West Ham United midfielder Alex Song has said that the football world will mourn the loss of "king" Thierry Henry following his retirement. The 37-year-old called time on his illustrious career on Tuesday as he gears up for a spell in media. Song, who played with Henry at Arsenal for a number of years, has now thanked the legendary Frenchman for having such a big impact on his career. "For me, I call him the King," he told the Daily Mail. "He was unbelievable. An amazing player and a great man. I knew him from when I was 17 and I learned a lot from him. Even now he'll say to me you need to this and do that. "So today, we miss a very big player. Not just here in England but in the world. Everybody knows his face. The things is did for football were good. "So I just like to say thank you to him for everything. 'I learned a lot from him, will always be his good friend and I am very happy for. I'd like to wish him all the best for 'the future in all that he wants to do. He achieved a lot of things in football. That's why I call him the King." Henry - also Arsenal's all-time record goalscorer with 228 goals - helped the Gunners to two Premier League titles and four FA Cups in his eight-year spell in North London.

No comments:

Post a Comment