Wednesday, January 28, 2015

West Bromwich Albion confirm arrival of Callum McManaman from Wigan Athletic

West Bromwich Albion have confirmed the signing of Callum McManaman from Wigan Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

The attacker has been tracked by four clubs in this window, but Baggies manager Tony Pulis has beaten his rivals to the 23-year-old's signature.

McManaman, who won the FA Cup with Wigan in 2013, has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal and will wear the number 19 shirt.

"I'm really made up to have joined," McManaman told the club's official website. "When the chance came to move to West Bromwich Albion, and return to the Premier League, I couldn't turn it down.

"This is a great move for me and I hope the Albion fans will get to see the best of me. Albion are a great club, with a good tradition. I can't wait to get going."

McManaman spent almost nine years with Wigan after joining the club's youth academy from Everton in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment