Saturday, February 28, 2015

Jose Mourinho: 'League Cup final most important of my career'

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that Sunday's League Cup final against Tottenham Hotspur is the 'most important' of his career so far.

Mourinho's side are currently in the running for the treble, as the lead the Premier League and remain in Europe's elite competition.

However, despite winning three Champions League finals, the Portuguese manager insists that Sunday's final is the most important of his career.

"This cup final is the most important of my career. More important than the Champions League finals. More important than all the other cups I've ever played before," the 52-year-old told the press.

"Do I look stupid? It's just because it's the next one.

"The others are in the club museum. My medals are somewhere at home, I don't know where ... but the most important game of my career is always the next one."

Mourinho will be without Nemanja Matic after his three-match ban was reduced by one but will still miss Sunday's final against Spurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment