Saturday, February 28, 2015

Marquinhos takes pleasure from Manchester United interest

Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos has revealed that he takes pleasure from the reported interest shown by Manchester United.

The Brazilian defender is competing for a place in the PSG starting lineup, with countrymen David Luiz and Thiago Silva occupying the centre half positions.

Marquinhos is being heavily linked with a summer move to the Red Devils but the 20-year-old is 'validated' by the interest but is also reassured by PSG's current stance on rejecting negotiations for him.

"I'm calm, concentrated. I leave all this to my agent," Marquinhos told L'Equipe.

"Before, PSG refused to begin negotiations. They have shut the door. I see this as something to take confidence from.

"It proves PSG count on me but, to be honest, it gives me pleasure to see Manchester United are interested in me. It's validating."

Marquinhos completed his move from Roma to PSG in 2013 for a reported fee of £27m in a five-year deal

No comments:

Post a Comment