Saturday, February 28, 2015

Olivier Giroud "embarrassed" by miss against Monaco

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has admitted that he is embarrassed about his miss against Monaco in the Champions League, a game that the Gunners lost 3-1 at home.

Arsene Wenger hopes that the French striker is not affected by the criticism, after the 28-year-old missed several clear chances in their first-leg tie with the Ligue 1 club.

The Gunners now face a tough away trip to the Stade Louis II, with Giroud conceding the defeat was 'tough to take'.

"I am not a better or worse player than three days ago; it is just about confidence and keeping [strong]," he told the club's official website.

"I am really hurting, more than disappointed. It has been embarrassing for me but I have never given up in my career and sometimes I have had tough games like that before.

"It was difficult because nothing went right; everything was tough for me. I tried to keep focused but I understood why the boss wanted to substitute me. It was not my day."

The Frenchman is likely to retain his place for Arsenal's home fixture against Everton on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment