Saturday, March 21, 2015

Emre Can: 'I'm doing a good job for Liverpool'

Emre Can believes that he is doing a good job for Liverpool since becoming a regular fixture in the first team.

The German star joined the Reds from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, but initially struggled to break into Brendan Rodgers's side.

However, the 21-year-old has said that he was keen to earn his place in the team rather than "make a big fuss" about being dropped early in the campaign.

He told the Daily Mail: "I was injured at the beginning of the season and then played against Chelsea [in November]. Then I was out of the team until December when I came on [at half time] against Burnley.

"My attitude was not to moan or make a big fuss about it but to keep calm and work hard so that when I got the chance against Burnley I could break into the side. I feel very good feel I have the trust of the manager. I believe I'm doing a good job and that is why I am playing. I'm happy."

Liverpool can move into the top four in the Premier League table by beating bitter rivals Manchester United on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment