Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Juan Cuadrado: 'I need to be patient'

Juan Cuadrado has admitted that he needs time to adapt to playing in the Premier League following his move to Chelsea earlier this year.

The Colombia international joined Jose Mourinho's side for £26.1m during January's transfer window, but he has featured just four times in the league since his arrival at the London club.

The midfielder told Win Sport: "I am happy. I am adapting to the city, the game and the new teammates. After a change a player needs to be patient. I have just started. I need to work hard and when the chance arrives be ready for it with the help of God.

"Mourinho has impacted me [for good]. He is an excellent person. With the media, during the interviews, he is a different person but with the players is like a father.

"The Premier League is a little bit different [to Serie A]. The transition from defence to attack is very fast. But the Colombian players are ready for it. We must be patient and with time you will see the results."

Cuadrado moved to Chelsea after six years playing in Italy with Udinese and Fiorentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment