Friday, April 10, 2015

Luis Suarez reveals he spoke to Real Madrid before signing for Barcelona

Luis Suarez has revealed that he held talks with Real Madrid last summer before deciding to join Barcelona.

The 28-year-old secured a £75m switch to the Camp Nou from Liverpool, and has admitted that while moving to the Bernabeu was an option, he only had his heart set on Barca.

"Yes, I spoke to them but said 'later'," Suarez told El Partido de las 12. "They wanted me, but my dream was here.

"When I heard the name Barcelona I didn't hesitate. Honestly, I never imagined Barcelona would come in and had no doubts at all once they did.

"You never know what can happen in football but luckily I stuck around for Barca, which was what I wanted. It was the fulfilment of a dream I had had for so long."

The Uruguayan scored twice in Barcelona's 4-0 win over Almeria on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment