Saturday, April 11, 2015

Manuel Pellegrini: "I have never been a coward and I am not afraid"

Manuel Pellegrini has revealed that he is 'not a coward' and is 'not afraid' when it comes to his future as a manager of Manchester City.

After seeing his side go out of the Champions League last month, the 61-year-old Chilean is under pressure, witnessing the Blues slip to fourth in the Premier League after a string of bad results.

However, when questioned about his future at City, Pellegrini remains adamant that he will not let the pressure affect him.

"I have experience, you know when a squad is behind you when you are working; you know when you work well or work bad," he told Sky Sports News.

"You can't talk about decisions which are not your decisions but if you ask me why I'm not afraid; because there are two things in my whole career - I have never been a coward and I am not afraid.

"I am not talking about my future because it is not important. I am just thinking about the game against Manchester United. You never know what will happen in August and at the end of the season but, if you ask me, I am not afraid because I think we are in the correct way but a bad moment."

City currently sit in fourth, nine points adrift of league leaders Chelsea who also have a game in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment