Thursday, May 21, 2015

Koke: 'I want to be Atletico's Steven Gerrard'

Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke has admitted that he wants to build a legacy at the club, much like Steven Gerrard at Liverpool.

The Spaniard has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United in recent months, but the 22-year-old has made no secret of his desire to stay at the Vicente Calderon.

The midfielder made his senior debut in 2009 after coming through the ranks at Atletico, and Koke is hopeful that he can mirror the loyalty that Gerrard has shown to Liverpool.

"I have a contract with Atletico, I want to accomplish things and I am happy here," FourFourTwo magazine quotes Koke as saying. "Of course I'd like to be Atleti's Gerrard."

Gerrard, who joined Liverpool when he was eight years old, will leave Liverpool this summer to join MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment