Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Inzaghi bitter over Milan sacking

Former AC Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi has admitted that he harbours "bitterness" toward the club after being sacked on Tuesday.

Inzaghi, who enjoyed an 11-year playing career with Milan, was dismissed from his role as coach after guiding them to a 10th-placed finish in his first season at San Siro.

He was promptly replaced by Sinisa Mihajlovic, and the 41-year-old admits to being disappointed over not being given a chance to make amends next season.

"I thank Milan for giving me this great opportunity, I did my best, with all my staff, working every day with desire, passion and dedication, "he wrote on Facebook. "Unfortunately, it wasn't enough, and things didn't go as we hoped.

"There is still bitterness and disappointment that I was not given the opportunity to continue. With a year's more experience I'd have been even more fired-up and knowledgeable... but that's football.

"Milan will always be in my heart, I will support and cheer for them - always."

Inzaghi won two Serie As and two Champions League titles during his playing career with the Rossoneri.

No comments:

Post a Comment