Sunday, June 21, 2015

Joe Gomez: Why I SNUBBED Arsenal and Man City to join Liverpool

Joe Gomez admits Liverpool's history and playing style were a key factor in making the move to Anfield.

Joe Gomez has joined Liverpool on a five-year deal
The 18-year-old has agreed a five-year deal with Liverpool after completing a medical yesterday.

And the former Charlton ace admits it was an easy decision to join the Reds. 

"The club has got great history and it's a great club, and one that I've always been following from when I was young," he said. 

#LFC are delighted to announce the signing of England U19 international Joe Gomez from Charlton Athletic. pic.twitter.com/h9xZcVEguG

— Liverpool FC (@LFC) June 20, 2015
"The style of football and the top players here was somewhere that I wanted to go and get better and learn, and play good football. It was an easy decision.

"It's flattering to know that a massive club like this were interested in me. 

"That was one of the main things - I knew how great the club is. That's why it was an easy decision to come here. To know that a place like this was interested and knew about me was great."

No comments:

Post a Comment