Sunday, July 12, 2015

Bayern Munich rule out Thomas Muller sale

Bayern Munich have insisted that Thomas Muller will not be joining Manchester United following reports linking the winger with a move to Old Trafford.

Louis van Gaal's side have already brought in midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger from the German champions, subject to a medical.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told Sport 1: "Bastian's was a very special situation. I can reassure all the fans, we will not be selling another player to Manchester United.

"We have never received an offer for Thomas Muller. I won't hide the fact that I'm wistful. I regret it. We tried to convince [Schweinsteiger] to stay with Bayern, but I can also understand a player seeking to gain new experience at the end of his career."

Muller previously spent two years playing under Van Gaal during the Dutchman's spell as Bayern manager from 2009 to 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment