Friday, July 10, 2015

Memphis Depay: 'I'm here to win trophies'

Memphis Depay has said that he wants to "win all the trophies it is possible to win" following his move to Manchester United.

The 21-year-old joined the Red Devils last month, after coming through the youth ranks at PSV Eindhoven.

Depay scored 28 goals for the Dutch champions in his final season with the club, and he has admitted that while he is excited to begin life at Old Trafford, he will be under pressure to perform.

"This is the biggest club in the world so I have to play for trophies - I came here to win trophies," he told reporters.

"We have a lot of quality and all the potential to win all the trophies it is possible to win. I am excited to do my job for Manchester United and to score goals - I am a striker so I have to score and give assists.

"I have worked with Louis van Gaal at the World Cup and I think you could see what he expects from me. I am a kid and still have a lot to learn but it is up to the boss where he plays me and I will give my all wherever he puts me."

Depay has scored three goals in 17 appearances for the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment