Saturday, September 12, 2015

Jose Mourinho: 'Chelsea will not sack me'

Jose Mourinho has laughed off suggestions that his Chelsea job could be under threat if the Blues' early-season struggles do not abate shortly.

With four points from a possible 12, the Premier League champions have endured a testing start in the defence of their title, with top-of-the-table Manchester City already eight points ahead of them.

Nevertheless, Mourinho, who was sacked by owner Roman Abramovich during his first spell in 2007, says that he is going nowhere.

"Let's be objective. I don't want to leave the club, in any circumstances, and the club doesn't want me to leave," Mourinho is quoted as saying by Sky Sports News.

"I'm not going to walk away. The club is not going to sack me. If somebody, anyone thinks that I walk, or I leave the job, it's somebody that doesn't know.

"Chelsea fans know me for good and for bad and that's not my profile, to run away from problems, in this case to run away from bad results."

The Portuguese, who takes Chelsea to Everton on Saturday, is contracted to the Stamford Bridge club until 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment