Sunday, August 31, 2014

Arsene Wenger: 'Joel Campbell going nowhere'

Arsene Wenger has reiterated that Joel Campbell will not be leaving Arsenal before the transfer window closes on Monday.

Wenger claims that "plenty of clubs" are interested in the 22-year-old, with AC Milan reportedly among them, but the Frenchman says that he has no intention of letting him leave.

"We have had a lot of offers for Joel and have turned them all down," he told The Mirror.

"There are plenty of clubs – I don't know exactly how many because once I said to my assistants, 'He will not go out on loan', if somebody calls them they don't even tell me any more because, when I say no, it's no.

"But he is definitely a player wanted by many clubs."

The Gunners face Leicester City at the King Power Stadium later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment