Sunday, August 31, 2014

Borussia Dortmund confirm Shinji Kagawa return

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that they have re-signed Shinji Kagawa.

The Japanese international left the Bundesliga outfit for Manchester United in the summer of 2012, but he has struggled to establish himself at Old Trafford.

As a result, he had been deemed surplus to requirements by new United boss Louis van Gaal, which brought about the interest from his former employers, who have paid a reported £6m to secure the playmaker's services for a second time.

Speaking to the club's official website after he had signed a four-year contract at the Westfalenstadion, the 25-year-old said: "I have already said on the day of my departure in an interview that the chapter Borussia Dortmund is not complete for me.

"I wanted to meet me in the Premier League a dream. Now I'm just happy to be back in Dortmund. In this great team, this madness environment and the unique fans. BVB is like a family. I am proud that she has never forgotten me."

Kagawa made a total of 57 appearances for United, during which he scored six goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment