Saturday, September 27, 2014

Kevin Mirallas: 'Everton can beat Liverpool'

Everton winger Kevin Mirallas believes that side can beat Liverpool in today's Merseyside derby.

The two city rivals will go head to head for the 221st time at Anfield, and Mirallas has claimed that the amount of changes made by the Reds over the summer will work in his team's favour.

"Liverpool are totally different this season, they have a lot of new players," the Daily Star quotes him as saying. "They lost [Luis] Suarez, who was the big player for them last season.

"It is different for them now - just as it is for us, but we are confident. I think we can beat them this time for sure.

"I think I tell you they're different, like I say, with a lot of new players, and I know myself how hard it is when you go to a new country. We have the same players, the same squad, and we are getting better. Players need time when you go to a new club."

Everton are currently 14th in the Premier League table.

No comments:

Post a Comment