Saturday, November 29, 2014

Wilfried Bony: 'Liverpool didn't want me'

Swansea City hitman Wilfried Bony has hinted that his proposed move to Liverpool was nothing more than speculation.

The Ivory Coast international was heavily linked with a switch to Anfield during the summer after marking his first season in England with 21 Premier League goals.

The 25-year-old has since signed a new deal at the Liberty Stadium and claims that the Reds never bid for his services.

"If you score 20 to 25 goals, then people talk about that, for sure, but there was not a real proposition," he told The Guardian.

"I one time [tried to orchestrate a move away] when I was at Vitesse, it caused a lot of problems at the club, so I don't think I will do it again.

"Something can happen, football is crazy. But now I just think about my team and how happy I am here at Swansea, which you can see."

Bony has struck five times in 12 Premier League outings so far this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment