Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thierry Henry hints at Arsenal return

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has hinted that he would jump at the chance to return to the club in a coaching capacity.

The 37-year-old is reportedly considering calling time on his illustrious career, with his New York Red Bulls contract poised to expire in January.

The Frenchman says that he has not yet made a decision over his playing days, but did hint that he would "sure like to help" the Gunners at some point in the future.

"Nothing is clear," he told L'Equipe. "I have not taken any decision or speculated, it's not my thing.

"One thing is certain - I will stay in football, to coach, to be a consultant... we'll see. The second certainty is that I would like to see Arsenal win the Champions League.

"Whether from near or far, it does not depend on me, but I'd sure like to help. Because this is my club and, as a player, I have not been able to give them the Champions League."

Henry, Arsenal's all-time record goalscorer, left the club in 2007 to join Barcelona after winning two Premier League titles and three FA Cups in his eight-year stint in North London.

No comments:

Post a Comment