Friday, December 19, 2014

Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal wants more

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has said that he wants to see his team dominate more of their fixtures. The Dutchman's time at the club had originally got off to a shaky start, but a dramatic turnaround has seen the Reds win six Premier League games in a row to climb into third position in the table. "Yes, I am not only focused on results. That's the main importance [but] when I speak with Sir Alex he says, 'Not any problem, you have won'," said Van Gaal, according to The Guardian. "But for me it's also the performance that's very important because when you perform you shall win more and that's what I want to show to the fans and the players want to show that and I think also that the guarantee of wins is much bigger when we perform better. "For example the game against Hull City was a good game [a 3-0 win in November] and that I have said. We dominated 90 minutes and I want to see more games like that. And now there are too few games that we are dominating 90 minutes and that's a process." United travel to Villa Park on Saturday to face Paul Lambert's Aston Villa.

No comments:

Post a Comment