Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kurt Zouma thrilled to book spot at Wembley

Kurt Zouma has revealed his excitement at the prospect of walking out at Wembley for Chelsea in the League Cup final.

The Frenchman was a surprise selection ahead of Gary Cahill on Tuesday as Chelsea beat Liverpool in extra time to progress, and the defender admits that the squad received a big boost from the victory.

"I've never been to Wembley," Zouma told the club's official website. "I hope I'm going to get to know it and that thought is very amazing and crazy for me.

"I'm happy I played the last two games but I have to keep working. I have confidence when I play. The coach has given me my chance and I have to always be ready if he does again.

"It's a big boost for us because we want to win this cup. The dressing room afterwards was amazing, there was a lot of music and everybody was very happy."

Chelsea will meet Tottenham Hotspur in the final after their London rivals recorded a 3-2 aggregate success over Sheffield United.

No comments:

Post a Comment