Saturday, March 21, 2015

Jose Mourinho predicts "nice and quiet" summer at Chelsea

Jose Mourinho has claimed that he expects Chelsea to be "nice and quiet" in the summer transfer market.

The Blues have been linked with moves for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba and Atletico Madrid's Koke, but Mourinho has insisted that he is happy with his squad.

The Portuguese has, however, suggested that their recruitment policy in the next window will be dictated by who leaves the club, with left-back Filipe Luis and striker Loic Remy having been tipped for exits this week.

He is quoted by Sky Sports News as saying: "Our transfer policy doesn't need a lot of funds, because we don't need a lot of things. We like our squad, we like our players and with a couple of exceptions we have a young squad.

"And once more, I think our transfer policy will be nice and quiet and will also be a consequence of the players we sell and the funds we make from the players we sell. I think we are getting great credibility from the players we sell, because we sell good players. So let's see what happens. But at this moment if you ask me am I happy with the players I have here, I am happy with the squad I have.

"If you ask me 'you say zero movement in and out', I say I don't believe because we always want to improve and there are always a couple of changes to be made. But nothing really important. I am not worried about funds because they are fine."

Chelsea completed the £23m signing of Colombian international winger Juan Cuadrado from Fiorentina in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment