Friday, April 10, 2015

Manuel Pellegrini: I'm not afraid of losing my job at Manchester City

Manuel Pellegrini insists he is “not afraid” of losing his job as Manchester City manager.

Pellegrini wants to set aside speculation about his future ahead of Sunday’s Manchester derby but remains confident City are not as bad as their results have indicated since the turn of the year.

Since drawing level with Chelsea on New Year’s Day, City have taken only 18 points from a possible 36 to fall nine points behind Jose Mourinho’s leaders as well as crash out of the FA cup and Champions League.

But while Pellegrini admits there are areas that need to be improved, performances have not been as bad as the results indicate and he retains the support of the club's Abu Dhabi owners his players.


He said: “If you ask me, I am not afraid because I think we are in the correct way but a bad moment.

“I am not talking about my future because it is not important. I am just thinking about the game against Manchester United.

“I feel everyone supports me at the club, including the players. I think the players are happy in the way we work and the way we play.  


Manuel Pellegrini says he doesn't fear about his future as the manager of Manchester City
“I don’t see any problems inside the club but you never know what will happen at the end of the season.

“I see the team playing [for me]. We have to improve because we are not winning games but we are the most attacking team, the team that has most possession of the ball.

“We don’t concede many goals and the team is working hard to score from the important amount of options we have in every game.

“We lost the last three away games, but in the last two of those, against Burnley and Crystal Palace, we were beaten by goals from set-pieces.

“We hope we continue keeping the good things we are doing. We are doing a lot of things well.

“But we must improve because we are not getting the results we need.”

City have won the last four derbies as well as emerging victorious form their last three visits to Old Trafford.

No comments:

Post a Comment