Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pedro denies reports he wants to leave Barcelona

Barcelona forward Pedro has denied reports that he wants to leave the club.

The 28-year-old, who has found first-team opportunities limited by the form of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar, was confined to the bench for Barca's 5-4 victory over Sevilla in the UEFA Super Cup on Tuesday night.

Speaking after coming on as a substitute and scoring the winning goal in extra time, Pedro refuted claims that he has lodged a transfer request but admitted that the lack of first-team opportunities makes his situation "complicated".

He told reporters: "When there are rumours that I can leave it is not an easy situation for me. I have always tried to give my best to the club. I am ambitious and I want to play as much as possible.

"I was angry when I knew I had to stay on the bench, having had a chance with Neymar's illness.

"I don't want to leave Barcelona but it is a complicated situation. It is not a money question, but a continuity question. I want to play. Luis Enrique preferred other players and I have been waiting a lot of time."

A host of Premier League clubs, including Manchester City, Manchester United, and Arsenal, have been linked with Pedro.

No comments:

Post a Comment